Please help with the OMAP static mapping mess

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Tue Oct 4 20:57:49 EDT 2011

On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> In any case, I suggest we add the following __arm_ioremap_exec patch
> and then sort out issues with it as they show up.
>
> This allows further work on the common SRAM genalloc patches and generic
> map_io patches.
>
> Nico, I already have a series converting omap2+ to use the the patch
> below, and it seems to be working just fine for SRAM. I'll post that
> series separately shortly. Maybe take a look and see if that allows
> you to do the generic map_io changes?

Yes, that looks fine.  Maybe you could avoid exporting the symbol until
it is actually needed though.

The other thing I need is for the code using ioremap() such as in
omap2_set_globals_control() to be called only after the corresponding
static mappings are already installed.  Then everything should go
smoothly.

Nicolas