[GIT PULL] ARM irqchip consolidation

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Nov 17 12:23:19 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 11:23:48AM +0000, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> I've collected patches converting GIC and VIC based platforms to use the
> MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER configuration option in a single branch (as they depend
> on a common patch).
>
> It also include the patch adding non-banked support to the GIC, which is
> required to convert EXYNOS to MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER in a sane way (not to
> mention fixing obvious bugs).
>
> If you're happy with this, feel free to pull this branch.

We need to sort out the conflicts between this and the arch_reset stuff
I'm carrying, because I'm not going to fight git from this early in the
cycle, dealing with stuff like this:

CONFLICT (delete/modify): arch/arm/mach-omap2/include/mach/omap4-common.h deleted in HEAD and modified in devel-stable. Version devel-stable of arch/arm/mach-omap2/include/mach/omap4-common.h left in tree.

which is immune to git rerere, and I'm sure as hell not going to keep on
merging this with my for-next branch.

Even though I've split out the conflicting cleanup commits from the
arch_reset() stuff, many of them still don't have acked-bys from the
maintainers of the affected code, so I don't feel like I can commit
them to being stable.

What we need are more responsive platform maintainers!