PLEASE FIX: lack of trailing , on structure initializers

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Wed Nov 9 16:49:44 EST 2011

* Nicolas Ferre <nicolas.ferre at atmel.com> [111107 03:06]:
> On 11/05/2011 05:48 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux :
> > The lack of trailing ','s on initializers is causing me quite an amount
> > of grief while trying to prepare the set of patches for arch_reset.
> > It's really annoying to add a new initializer at the end of a structure,
> > not notice the lack of trailing ',' on the last entry, and then end up
> > having to rework the patches because of that.  E.g.:
> >
> > arch/arm/mach-orion5x/mv2120-setup.c:238: error: request for member ■restart■ in something not a structure or union
> >
> > caused by the lack of trailing comma for the .fixup initializer on the
> > preceding line.
> >
> > We have around 778 of these in arch/arm, and it's about time that number
> > started to be reduced.  This will cause a lot of conflicts, so the
> > earlier it can be done in the cycle (and merged into each platform tree)
> > the less (hopefully) it'll conflict with other work that goes through
> > the appropriate maintainer tree.
>
> Hi Russell,
>
> We have a dozen of those missing trailing ',' in mach-at91.
> But as you mentioned in your other email, we may need to wait for
> another change in the concerned files to fix this. Am I right?
>
> So we keep this in mind...

FYI, I think I got most of them fixed for all ARM subarchs. Please
feel free to pick these changes as needed and integrate them into
other patches so we can slowly fix the issue.

I've pushed it into a git branch at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap formatting:

Web interface at:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/formatting

Regards,

Tony