S3C6410 UART resume problem

Tomasz Figa tomasz.figa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 15:34:01 EDT 2011

List,

I am experiencing a strange issue with UART ports on a Tiny6410 board, based
on the S3C6410 SoC (hardware wise same as the Mini6410 supported by Linux),
after enabling CONFIG_PM and suspending the SoC.

After triggering a wakeup event, it resumes till arch_suspend_enable_irqs()
called by suspend_enter() and starts to get hammered by infinite amounts of
UART interrupts.

I have tracked this down to disabling UART PCLK clock on suspend and the
bootloader/reset/power down/whatever leaving the UART in an undefined state
with interrupt bits set (specifically Tx interrupt), with the masked clock
making it impossible to ack them by plat-samsung/irq-uart.c.

Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

Best regards,
Tomasz Figa