ARM: kprobes: Add support for Thumb-2

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Mon Jul 11 21:02:44 EDT 2011

On Sat, 9 Jul 2011, Tixy wrote:

> This patch series adds support for kprobes on Thumb-2 kernels.
> This requires making the framework handle Thumb breakpoints and adding
> simulation and emulation routines for the Thumb instruction set.
>
> Note, this series also modifies the existing behaviour in the case when
> probes are placed on conditionally executed instructions (see patch 15).

Pretty nice and well organized patch series.  This is excellent work !

Although I didn't reply to all the patches, I've read them all and you
can add "Acked-by: Nicolas Pitre <nicolas.pitre at linaro.org>" to all of
them after the already posted comments are addressed.

I know that you also developed a comprehensive test suite in parallel to
validate all this code.  I'm therefore pretty confident it'll work as
well if not better than the existing code we had in the tree for quite a
while before you started working on it.

I think this is ready to be merged with Russell whenever you are done
with those small fixes.

Nicolas