"Porting the Linux Kernel to a New ARM Platform", updated...?

Nick Pelling nickpelling at nanodome.com
Thu Jan 27 07:58:02 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a good source of information on getting Linux
working on a new ARM target, including a checklist of things to cover
such as putc(), arch_decomp_setup(), etc. So far, pretty much the
best source of information I've found is Wookey & Tak-Shing's
"Porting the Linux Kernel to a New ARM Platform"...
	http://www.glomationinc.com/PortingLinuxKernel.pdf
...but I can't help but notice that this is from 2002.

Is there an updated version of this document (or perhaps a book
chapter covering this) you would recommend?

Cheers, ....Nick Pelling....