kexec on kirkwood kernels?

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Thu Jan 27 22:24:54 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 08:24:33AM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> Try enabling DEBUG_LL and EARLY_PRINTK in the kernel to boot and pass
> 	earlyprintk
> as kernel parameter.

Thanks, that helped quite a bit.  After inserting various print
statements, I found that the system is hanging in the readl call in
orion_pcie_dev_id.  The call chain is:

    start_kernel
    time_init
    kirkwood_timer_init
    kirkwood_find_tclk
    kirkwood_pcie_id
    orion_pcie_dev_id
    readl

The readl is attempting to access the address
KIRKWOOD_REGS_VIRT_BASE + 0x40000.

This same code gets executed successfully when the kernel is started
from u-boot; I'm not sure what's different in the post-kexec
environment.  Any suggestions on what to try next would be
appreciated.