Memory sharing issue by application on V4L2 based device driver with system mmu.

Jonghun Han jonghun.han at samsung.com
Thu Jan 13 03:39:24 EST 2011

Sorry for late reply.

Samsung SoC C210 has many multimedia IPs.
Each IP has its own MMU named SYSTEM MMU like CPU's MMU.
So it can handle discontiguous memory using device own virtual address.

What Inki Dae wants to discuss is how to allocate the memory and how to
share it with other multimedia IPs.

Thank you for interesting.

Best regards,

linux-arm-kernel at lists.infradead.org;