[RFC] cpufreq: Add S3C2416/S3C2450 cpufreq driver

Heiko Stübner heiko at sntech.de
Fri Dec 30 07:00:42 EST 2011

Hi Richard,

Am Freitag 30 Dezember 2011, 09:23:21 schrieb Richard Zhao:
> would it be possible to use clk-reg-cpufreq driver I sent out?

I thought about it when your driver was introduced first. It would be possible
if the frequency scaling would only happen on the armdiv.

But as you probably saw in the code the S3C2416 has two clock sources for the
armclk (armdiv and hclk) and also special requirements on the switch of those
(i.e. when switching to armdiv, force the frequency to be the same as the
hclk, to prevent stability issues).

Therefore I don't think these behaviour requirements can be modelled with your
clk-reg-cpufreq driver.

Heiko