Query about vexpress_ct_ca9x4 watchdog issue ?

bill bill_carson at 126.com
Tue Apr 19 22:07:52 EDT 2011

Hi viresh and arm guys:)

I am testing sp805 watchdog at vexpress board.

After open /dev/watchdog , I use WDIOC_GETTIMELEFT ioctl to get the time left for rebooting in a loop;
while the timeleft is not decrementing, but stay as a constant 59s.

I read the WdogValue/WdogControl register as specified in SP805TRM, it does not change any way,

WdogValue     --> 0xf0918000
WdogControl   -->0x3

It seems the value is correct, but watchdog is not triggered.
I am really puzzled about this, can you give me some clue to find the root cause?

thanks

bill