[RFC] sanitizing crazy clock data files

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Apr 15 16:25:35 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:12:32PM +0200, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> The other regular i.MXs should fit into this fine, they have the same
> patterns. mxs is different though, instead of enable bits they have
> disable bits and dividers are one based instead of zero. We can probably
> extend the patterns to handle some additional flags, but I haven't
> looked deeply into it.

A suggestion from work tglx is currently doing - name the two functions
which manipulate the mask bits 'set' and 'clear' rather than 'enable'
and 'disable'.

Then, the clk ops can do this:

	.clk_enable	= clk_gate_mask_set,
	.clk_disable	= clk_gate_mask_clear,

for ones with positive logic, and:

	.clk_enable	= clk_gate_mask_clear,
	.clk_disable	= clk_gate_mask_set,

for negative logic.  No additional code required, just a variance in data
structure.