V4L/ARM: videobuf-dma-contig no longer works on my ARM machine

Janusz Krzysztofik jkrzyszt at tis.icnet.pl
Wed Apr 13 06:20:43 EDT 2011

Dnia sobota 09 kwiecień 2011 o 18:42:40 Jiri Slaby napisał(a):
> On 04/09/2011 05:10 PM, Janusz Krzysztofik wrote:
> > (CC: Jiri Slaby, the author of the problematic change; truncate
> > subject)

> No, it didn't when IOMMU was used.

Taking into account that I'm just trying to fix a regression, and not
invent a new, long term solution: are you able to name a board which a)
is already supported in 2.6.39, b) is (or can be) equipped with a device
supported by a V4L driver which uses videobuf-dma-config susbsystem, c)
uses IOMMU? If there is one, than I agree that reverting the patch is
not a good option.

> Because remap_pfn_range didn't get
> a physical page address.

If I didn't understand it, I wouldn't try to find a solution other than
reverting your patch.

Thanks,
Janusz