A serial patchs that support FSL's eSDHC

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Mon Sep 6 06:30:26 EDT 2010

Hi Richard,

(going back to the list. A few more eyes during the process will surely
help :))

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 06:26:05PM +0800, Zhu Richard-R65037 wrote:

> I encounter some problems when I merge my eSDHC driver into
> sdhci-pltfm.c driver.
> In the eSDHC solution there is a little complex in the driver
> implementation refer to the HW/IC design.
> One private struct such as sdhci_fsl_host in my original codes is
> needed, and the board specified platform data (such
>  as imxmmc_platform_data struct) is mandatory required too.
>
> sdhci-pltfm.c driver can't provide such kinds of APIs.
> Do you have any suggestions?

Well, I think we can do without. In a few minutes, I will post an RFC
which I just hacked. Please have a look at it, and say if you have
comments or suggestions. Hopefully you'll agree that this approach is a
lot less intrusive. I will mainly concentrate on the driver. For the
platform part, Uwe already gave a few comments. I will also reply to
some of your patches to clarify some issues.

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |