RMK closing tree to patches *this* weekend

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri May 14 05:24:35 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 09:58:01AM +0900, Jassi Brar wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux
> <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> > As of the end of this coming weekend, I'll stop taking patches for the
> > next merge window.  I want to tidy up the lose ends which need sorting
> > out and give it a decent outing in linux-next for about a week before
> > the merge window opens.
> >
> > So if there's any patches I've missed, please follow up to this email.
> Hi Russell,
>
> Would it be possible for you to merge the PL330 core driver in your tree?
> If so, I would make sure the platform specific stuff get up via Ben Dooks'
> tree in time.

I looked at doing that, but it conflicts in arch/arm/common/Kconfig:

patching file arch/arm/common/Kconfig
Hunk #1 FAILED at 40.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file arch/arm/common/Kconfig.rej

I think this is another place where having things sorted alphabetically
would help, rather than appending things to the end.  That said, because
of the changes in the versatile branch, its going to cause merge conflicts
(which are easier to deal with than a patch which won't apply.)

Could you move the PL330 option to between ICST307 and SA1111 please?