weirdness with compiling a 2.6.33 kernel on arm debian

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Mon Mar 8 05:31:08 EST 2010

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 10:53:37AM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 12:05:21PM +1100, dave b wrote:
> > Ok... however how should one test the memory of an arm machine? ...
> > memtest is only for x86. *I am referring to the kernel memtest and not
> > memtest86.
> The easiest is:  rerun make and check if it fails at exactly the same
> place.

Hmm, I wonder whether this is in any way related to what Pavel and Cyril
reported in the 'bit error' thread.

Dave, does your bootloader have any memory test built-in? Do you see the
same issues with any older kernel?

FWIW, we're currently hunting a strange bug with hanging tasks, which
only seems to affect systems with Wifi enabled. That might be totally
unrelated to both of these issues though.

Daniel