Compile problem due to compressor changes, UART referenced in section .txt

J.I. Cameron jic23 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Mar 7 12:19:08 EST 2010

Dear  All,

Ran into the following problem on a pxa stargate2 platform (I think it will
effect a number of others).

`UART' referenced in section `.text' of arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.o:
defined in discarded section `.data' of arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.o
`UART' referenced in section `.text' of arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.o:
defined in discarded section `.data' of arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.o

There is a hack in mach-pxa/include/mach/uncompress.h
that changes the primary uart for some platforms:

static inline void arch_decomp_setup(void)
{
	if (machine_is_littleton() || machine_is_intelmote2()
	    || machine_is_csb726() || machine_is_stargate2()
	  || machine_is_cm_x300() || machine_is_balloon3())
	UART = STUART;
}

Simply changing the initial assignment of UART and commenting this function
out acts as a work around.  I'm not entirely sure how to fix the problem
properly.

Jonathan