[kGDB]Cannot compile KGDB on ARM SMP

Jason Wessel jason.wessel at windriver.com
Wed Mar 3 18:36:18 EST 2010

Jean-Michel Hautbois wrote:
> Hi there !
>
> I am  curently trying to compile kgdb on an ARM SMP core.
> I have the following error :
> kernel/kgdb.c:1481: undefined reference to `kgdb_roundup_cpus'
>
> When I am looking at the function 'kgdb_roundup_cpus', it is defined
> for x86, mips, blackfin, powerpc, but not for ARM.
> Is there any specific reason for that ?
> I can't see why...

No one has yet to submit a patch which implements the proper way to
interrupt the slave CPUs and get them to call the kgdb_nmicallback(), as
well as to run the kgdb test suite on the SMP device.

I do not have any SMP ARM hw to test this, or I probably would have
implemented myself.

If you come up with any patches you can submit them here and please cc
kgdb-bugreport at lists.sourceforge.net.  If you have questions about the
kgdb test suite I am sure we can find some answers.

Thanks,
Jason.