soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 61s! problem

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Jun 28 06:29:31 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 03:50:24PM +0530, Harishkumar V wrote:
> Will capture the further messages and mail u. Why an IRQ got struck, is
> their a way to handle this....

Normally, the kernel will disable the interrupt so the system can
continue to (mostly) function.

However, people like to return IRQ_HANDLED from interrupt handlers,
even when they've found nothing to do.  This prevents the kernel from
rescuing you from the stuck-IRQ problem.  Interrupt handlers are
supposed to return IRQ_HANDLED if they did something to handle the IRQ,
or IRQ_NONE if they found nothing to do.

I can't say much more than that - I've no idea what hardware you're
running the kernel on, and therefore I can't guess what IRQ92 might be.