invalid address for enqueue_task

Mika Westerberg mika.westerberg at iki.fi
Fri Jun 18 04:33:55 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:30:37PM +0200, Alexander Stein wrote:

> After doing some research I found out that sched_class inside struct_task has
> been modified to some bogus address so sched_class->enqueue_task
> (kernel/sched.c:1886) jumps to some invalid address.

While I cannot help you with this specific problem, I think it is
worth to mention that this kind of bugs are exactly where kdump
might prove to be useful. As now you have a snapshot of the system
during the time of the crash, you might be able to dig out the cause
using tools like gdb and crash[1]

Currently kdump patches are not in mainline but if you decide to
take that route, they can be found by searching this ML and I can
provide assistance for setting them up.

Regards,
MW

[1] http://people.redhat.com/~anderson/

( crash doesn't have ARM support but I have experimental patches
  to make it work on ARM as well )