defconfig information

Vincent Sanders vince at kyllikki.org
Fri Jun 4 18:28:20 EDT 2010

With all the recent issues over default configurations I have decided
to release the Kernel autobuilder fifth anniversary statistics a bit
early.

http://armlinux.simtec.co.uk/reports/kautobuild-5year-report.pdf
http://armlinux.simtec.co.uk/reports/kautobuild-5year-stats.ods

The report is still a little raw but clearly illustrates the
proliferation of default configurations on ARM (although MIPS and PPC
are not all that far behind!)

In brief, we could loose around 90% of the default configurations
(i.e. keep only 20 configurations) and "only" loose build coverage of
40% of the supported machines!

As always the ARM Kernel autobuilder is available at
http://armlinux.simtec.co.uk/kautobuild/

The community usage of this service has dropped to an all time low
(only six people actually used it in the last month) and I am
seriously considering if it serves a useful purpose any longer.

--
Regards Vincent