[RFC,PATCH 0/2] Allow late mdesc detection

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Jul 13 03:28:48 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 01:44:59PM +0800, Eric Miao wrote:
> With the introduction of 'struct machine_class', I guess this is especially
> true for 1 SoC for one DT machine ID :-)
>
> Finally, if we can decide the 'struct machine_class' by something else,
> then we can merge all DT machine IDs into one or completely ignore it.

As far as I can see, DT isn't getting anywhere - certainly my request
to see it on a real platform rather than the ARM Ltd hardware seems to
have been "forgotten" about.

As it's taking soo long (it's getting to be a couple of years) to come
up with a DT implementation for a real machine, I can only think that
there must be some massive problem(s) with DT which makes it completely
unsuitable for use on ARM.