Memory type used for ioremap

Pedanekar, Hemant hemantp at ti.com
Thu Jul 8 22:16:31 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have few doubts regarding the memory type configured when we call ioremap for mapping a region (e.g., on-chip peripheral MMRs):

Please note that this is regarding Cortx A8.

After examining 2nd level page descriptor, I see that the memory type configured for ioremapped region (as per TEX[2:0]=1 and CB=0) is "Outer and Inner Non-cacheable - Normal". Is this correct observation? I thought the ioremap would set memory type as one of the "Device".

What is the recommended method if I want to map some region as "Strongly-ordered" or "Device"?

Thanks
-
Hemant