[spi-devel-general] PATCH [1/1] SPI: AMBA_PL022: Limit TX FIFO fills based on current RX FIFO used

Linus Walleij linus.ml.walleij at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 07:56:26 EST 2010

2010/1/20 Kevin Wells <kevin.wells at nxp.com>:

> Added logic to cap TX FIFO fill size based on current free RX
> FIFO entries instead of TX status flags. This is to prevent
> an issue with RX FIFO overflows

Excellent patch and works like a charm on the U300. My loopback code
would generate
spurious overfill errors before and now it *never* fails so you hit
exactly the right spot.
I remember being intrigued by this when I worked on the driver and now
it is finally
nailed.

As some sort of maintainer of this file I have signed it off and put
it into Russells
patch tracker for inclusion, OK? See;
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=5893/1

Linus Walleij