S3C/S5P device updates - request for comments

Ben Dooks ben-linux at fluff.org
Mon Jan 11 20:38:14 EST 2010

As some of you may know I am currently working on updating the device
code on the Samsung SoC range to avoid the ugly hacks to provide things
like the base address.

I am considering changing the functions that register the platform data
to also register the associated device, since I have found nowhere where
a board sets the platform data to then not go on and register the device
associated with it.

IE, calling s3c_i2c0_set_platdata() would also register s3c_device_i2c0
with the platform system.

--
Ben

Q:      What's a light-year?