race between kmap shootdown and cache maintenance

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Mon Feb 8 22:35:34 EST 2010

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Gary King wrote:

> Fixed version attached.

Is this actually possible?

Any flush_dcache_page() caller must have a reference count on the given
highmem page since no one is supposed to play with a highmem page
pointer without having called kmap() on it first.  Therefore any other
context calling kunmap_high() is never expected to drop the kmap ref
count to zero.

So unless proven otherwise I think this patch is useless.

Nicolas