not able to understand 'icedcc_putc'

Uwe Kleine-König u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de
Tue Feb 2 03:33:53 EST 2010

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:18:55PM +0530, Chetan Nanda wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am newbie to ARM core. This might be a very silly question, but I am not
> able to understand how 'icedcc_putc' function prints a character on console
> (UART).
It doesn't, so no wonder you don't see how it does.

icedcc_putc uses the debug communications channel.  You can read it via
jtag.

If you want to understand the output on the serial console, you have to
look into <mach/uncompress.h>.

Best regards
Uwe

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Uwe Kleine-König            |
Industrial Linux Solutions                    | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |