linux-next: omap2plus_defconfig not building

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Dec 23 15:30:46 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 11:55:03AM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas at arm.com> [101108 01:38]:
> > On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 06:05 +0000, Anand Gadiyar wrote:
> > > I can't find this patch in linux-next. Hope we haven't missed it.
> > > Tony acked this btw.
> > >
> > > Strangely, the omap2plus_defconfig in v2.6.37-rc1 no longer gets
> > > CONFIG_SWP_EMULATE enabled even without this patch - I can't figure
> > > out why.

That'll be because swap emulation isn't in v2.6.37-rc1.  It's queued
for 2.6.38's merge window.

> > Russell had a better idea for handling this, not sure whether it went
> > into -next. It was basically adding -march=armv7-a to
> > CFLAGS_swp_emulate.o in arch/arm/kernel/Makefile since we can't trigger
> > an undef fault for SWP on ARMv6 anyway.
> >
> > If it's not in yet, I can submit a patch.

It's also queued for 2.6.38, but there is an issue with the latest gcc
stuffing a .armv7 directive (or whatever) at the beginning of its
output, thereby overriding the -Wa,-march=armv7-a on the command line.
I think someone's looking at fixing GCC.

This stuff _is_ in linux-next, and has been in linux-next for ages.