[GIT PULL][RESEND] ARM: hw_breakpoint: fixes and improvements

Will Deacon will.deacon at arm.com
Fri Dec 17 11:24:39 EST 2010

Hi Russell,

I don't think you've pulled this yet, but I've been having
issues with my git server so here's a mirrored address which
is up-to-date. Note that I've made some minor changes to the
final patch since the last pull request.

I'm on holiday from today so if you have any problems, I'll
resolve them in the new year.

Cheers,

Will

The following changes since commit e8a7e48bb248a1196484d3f8afa53bded2b24e71:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Linux 2.6.37-rc4

are available in the git repository at:

  git://repo.or.cz/linux-2.6/linux-wd.git hw-breakpoint

Will Deacon (11):
      ARM: hw_breakpoint: ensure OS lock is clear before writing to debug registers
      ARM: hw_breakpoint: reset control registers in hotplug path
      ARM: hw_breakpoint: correct and simplify alignment fixup code
      ARM: hw_breakpoint: disable preemption during debug exception handling
      ARM: hw_breakpoint: don't advertise reserved breakpoints
      ARM: hw_breakpoint: do not allocate new breakpoints with preemption disabled
      ARM: hw_breakpoint: unify single-stepping code for watchpoints and breakpoints
      ARM: hw_breakpoint: disallow per-cpu breakpoints without overflow handler
      ARM: ptrace: fix style issue with hw_breakpoint interface
      ARM: hw_breakpoint: fix warnings generated by sparse
      ARM: hw_breakpoint: do not fail initcall if monitor mode is disabled

 arch/arm/include/asm/hw_breakpoint.h |    4 +-
 arch/arm/kernel/entry-armv.S         |    4 +
 arch/arm/kernel/entry-header.S       |   19 ++
 arch/arm/kernel/hw_breakpoint.c      |  543 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 arch/arm/kernel/ptrace.c             |    4 +-