Please remind 'WARNING: about Samsung merge window over'

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Mon Aug 2 03:07:30 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Kyungmin Park <kmpark at infradead.org> wrote:
> Absurd !!!
>
> Did you mentioned that samsung merge window over before?
> why it's reminder mail? it's unilateral notification at this time.

Kgene doesn't have to.  As has been widely discussed, Linus is getting
stricter about the merge window process.  The window is for merging
what has already been collected and tested by maintainers.  It is not
for picking up new stuff.  Maintainers picking up new stuff late risk
Linus not merging their tree *at all*.

g.

> In my feelings. only include the your side (LSI) patches and don't
> include others (mobile). since it's not fit your taste.
> Can you explain the difference between "S5PV310 CPU support" and
> "S5PV210 cpufreq support"?
> Did you get any ACKs for V310 support? Why do you exclude the v210
> cpufreq support even though it's acked from others?
>
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com> wrote:
>> Please remind following which is from discussion about Samsung merge stuff
>> with Russell.
>>
>> ---

>>> Next merge window, which will probably be the last I will handle for the
>>> S5P range, will have an earlier cut-off point. It was a big rush to get
>>> this lot reviewed and merged.
>>
>> It also means that *NONE* of the stuff in your second pull request was
>> in linux-next for *any* time.  It also conflicted with my tree.  The
>> result of that is I'm expecting mainline to be dead for all ARM with:
>>
>> arch/arm/Kconfig:883: can't open file "arch/arm/plat-s5pc1xx/Kconfig"
>>
>> because of a mis-merge - and since that conflict was not picked up by
>> linux-next, it could not have been previously published.
>>
>> For the next merge window, I will avoid reading email for the duration
>> of the window - which means those who are late for the merge window will
>> simply not have their patches and trees pulled.  This means we _will_
>> have time to resolve conflicts and find problems _before_ the merge
>> window
>>
>> ---
>>
>> I have no more plan to merge s5p stuff for this merge window, but reviewed
>> here until now.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Kgene.
>> --
>> Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
>> SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.

Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.