Question: support multiple boards of bcmring SoC?

Andrew Victor avictor.za at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 16:03:00 EDT 2009

hi Leo,

> We have multiple boards using the bcmring SoC, like evm board, sp board,
> and we'd like to submit the support code to the community as well.
> For the code we submitted to arch/arm/mach-bcmring, it supports only one
> board for now.
>
> My question is: what's the standard/best way to support multiple boards for
> one SoC support?

You can possibly have a look at the AT91 processor support
(arch/arm/mach-at91/) for an example.

We have the SoC processor support files (eg, at91rm9200.c and
at91rm9200_devices.c), and a separate file for the various different
boards (eg, board-dk.c, board-eb9200.c, board-kb9202.c).

[The support for the other SoC's in the AT91 family is also in that
directory, so that's why there are other at91*.c and at91*_devices.c
files]

Regards,
  Andrew Victor