i.MX31 kernel panic and irq

Bill Gatliff bgat at billgatliff.com
Wed Oct 7 10:44:27 EDT 2009

Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 10:43:26AM -0500, Bill Gatliff wrote:
>
>> The OOPS messages suggest that the machine has run off into stuff that
>> isn't code, which would be consistent with the stack pointer getting
>> blown out of the stack memory.
>>

> I don't follow your line of reasoning.

I protected myself by saying I was "speculating".  :)

I think some of the other dumps I saw from him were less clear as to the
problem, which combined with his descriptions of how he was triggering
the event made me think about stack corruption as a meta-problem.

Stack corruption could result in register value corruption, for sure.
And the fact that his board doesn't fail in the same way each time makes
me look more at the pattern of OOPS dumps rather than the individual ones.

But you've definitely looked at this dump in more detail than I did.  So
I could be speculating in the wrong direction altogether.  I was just
trying to distract him until you solved the problem.  :)

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat at billgatliff.com