kirkwood openrd: random kernel crashes with git kernel

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at netinsight.net
Thu Oct 1 04:08:09 EDT 2009

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:07:17 +0200
Dieter Kiermaier <dk-arm-linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> > Try starting with openocd disconnected (i.e., the openocd program
> > suspended or terminated). I also get random crashes when that is on,
> > presumably caused by it stopping and resuming the kernel randomly (you
> > can see that in the openocd terminal window).
>
> It looks like this was the real reason!
> I've spent hours of sorting out what causes the crashes but now it's clear why it is almost random
> and not depending on my kernel configuration!

I guess this is something that should be asked to the openocd people. I
haven't got around to look at it more yet though. It might even be a
known issue I suppose.

Or perhaps the timing difference is triggering some real kernel bug.
Anyway, without OpenOCD, I don't see random kernel crashes anymore.

// Simon