IXP4XX 64MB

Krzysztof Halasa khc at pm.waw.pl
Sun Nov 15 16:18:36 EST 2009

[a copy, I sent the follow-up mail to the old list address]

Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> writes:

>> That was the solution. Now the main question is... why maintaining an
>> specific IXP4XX-Flash resource and driver when the general one works
>> so fine????
>
> A very good and fine question.  There appears to be some explaination
> in drivers/mtd/maps/ixp4xx.c.  I can't comment on its relevence though.

I checked this one (MTD_PHYSMAP on IXP4xx). It works in CPU big-endian
mode. It doesn't work in little-endian mode. Flash cmd/query data
swapping doesn't make it work.

I'll look at it but not at the moment.

Miguel, you're using it in BE mode only, aren't you?
--
Krzysztof Halasa