imx27 - hanging at freeing init memory -- getting some junk characters here after on console ..

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Thu Nov 5 06:07:40 EST 2009

(Please do not remove anyone from Cc and do not post on top when
replying)

On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 04:27:11PM +0530, Prabha J wrote:
>    But in inittab ,we are not using any getty.

What you see is certainly not a crash - something obviously just changes
the baudrate. If you're not using getty, it's something else. Try
adding 'init=/bin/sh' to your kernel command line. That should dump you
directly to a shell without any further startup script processing. If
that works, your problem is not related to the kernel.

>    One more thing,
>    We have Linux-2.6.19.2 which is working on this board and we are using the
>    same root filesystem and the toolchain used also same.
>    We checked the clock and baudrate ,and it is correct.

Maybe the baud rate configured in the older kernel is different?
I don't know.

>    What else may be the problem.
>    Are we missing any configuration?
>    Between linux-2.6.19.2 and linux-2.6.28 there is lot of changes. Do we
>    have to change anything in the driver.

Which driver do you mean?

Daniel