Possible suspend/resume regression in .32-rc?

Haojian Zhuang haojian.zhuang at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 04:22:30 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Pavel Machek <pavel at ucw.cz> wrote:
>> Hi!

>> > Ok, got it. The culprit is commit d2c37068 ("[ARM] pxa: initialize
>> > default interrupt priority and use ICHP for IRQ handling"). Reverting it
>> > make suspend/resume work again on my board.
>> >
>> > Haojian, Eric, could you have a look at this?
>>
>> Okay, patch is this one: I'll test reverting it shortly.
>>
>> commit d2c37068429b29d6549cf3486fc84b836689e122
>> Author: Haojian Zhuang <haojian.zhuang at marvell.com>
>> Date:   Wed Aug 19 19:49:31 2009 +0800
>>
>>     [ARM] pxa: initialize default interrupt priority and use ICHP for IRQ handling
>>
>>     Signed-off-by: Haojian Zhuang <haojian.zhuang at marvell.com>
>>     Signed-off-by: Eric Miao <eric.y.miao at gmail.com>
>
> And yes, reverting it _does_ fix suspend on spitz.
>
>                                                                        Pavel

Em, it's not caused by the IRQ patch.

The kernel is blocked in resume path. When console is resumed, IRQ is
already disabled and system is blocked. Actually, IRQ shouldn't be
disabled at here. Up to now, I only find which patch will cause this
issue. But I can't find the best solution on it. The patch with issue
is pasted in below.

So this issue is only occused when console suspend is enabled. If you
enable no_console_suspend in command, you won't meet this issue. It
seems that it's caused by removing termios setting in
uart_resume_port() in the below patch. If I add these code back, the
issue doesn't occur any more.

Deepak,
Could you help to investigate this issue also?

By the way, the suggested quick test command is in below. If we tried
these commands for 20 times, the issue would occur. I only test it in
PXA silicon. I don't know the symptom on other silicons.
$ echo devices > /sys/power/pm_test
$ echo mem > /sys/power/state

Thanks
Haojian