Arm linux Asymmetric multicore programming

pulluru pulluru.linux at rediffmail.com
Tue Dec 29 02:19:10 EST 2009

Hi,

I have an multi-core arm processor. I have a requirement to make core1 run Linux and to utilize core2(currently in WFI state) for specific application, say example: running a network packet engine on core2, for increasing performance.

I am a beginner to arm and kernel programming. I would like to wake-up the core2 from WFI state and run my own program.

Could you please give me some pointers to the linux arch/kernel code where the CPU core initialization happens?

Thanks.