[patch-v2.6.34 7/9] usb: musb: use only clk framework for clk handling

Felipe Balbi me at felipebalbi.com
Wed Dec 30 08:29:55 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 16:25 +0300, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
>    Gotcha. This will match in clk_find() by both device and clock name,
> so clk_get() will fail with your patch.

then, when it doesn't find, it'll try device id only:

/*
 * Find the correct struct clk for the device and connection ID.
 * We do slightly fuzzy matching here:
 *  An entry with a NULL ID is assumed to be a wildcard.
 *  If an entry has a device ID, it must match
 *  If an entry has a connection ID, it must match
 * Then we take the most specific entry - with the following
 * order of precidence: dev+con > dev only > con only.
 */

and then we have found our clock :-)

--
balbi