Enabling DEBUG in head.S file makes the kernel work

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Wed Dec 16 12:31:11 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 05:12:56PM +0530, Virupax.SS at Lntemsys.com wrote:
> I am using Linux 2.6.27 kernel on  at91sam9g20 Controller. The kernel
> boots fine on all the boards i have here , but on one board kernel does
> not boot and gives

Quite possibly your board has bad SDRAM routing.  Enabling debug disables
the cache, and the decompressor without debug seems to be an excellent
test for identifying marginal SDRAM signal quality.

Basically, if you get a CRC error on decompression, it means that the
image was corrupted somehow.  Experience shows that's not the fault of
the code but tends to be hardware weaknesses.