[GIT PULL] Patches for 2.6.33-rc1

Catalin Marinas catalin.marinas at arm.com
Wed Dec 9 05:39:34 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 10:20 +0000, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> It is so much helpful when people add proper prefixes to patches, like
> ARM or something. I wander, do we have a requirement for this somewhere?
> But please, consider doing this, this makes it easier surfing git-log or
> gitk info.

It would be useful, indeed, so I haven't seen an official statement from
Russell on this (and I usually run gitk on specific directories).

Traditionally we used the patch system which was adding a prefix but
since it cannot cope with a different author from the submitter, I just
use Git these days (I don't mind either way).

--
Catalin