ARM Git Tree (at91sam9g45 patches)

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Wed Aug 26 02:43:23 EDT 2009

I have done my best to port those patches to 2.6.30.2.
The result is available in the openembedded git.
(www.openembedded.org)
It is not available yet in the main development tree,
you have to download the main git, and then
use my private branch
    origin/ulf/linux-2.6.30.2...

I generated some new stuff, for the SAM9G45 which has not been
submitted anywhere, including Audio initialization of the SAM9G45.
I have been able to play an MP3 file with my board.

The boot cannot find /dev/fb0 right now.
I suspect I have a flaky board.
It had problems initializing the screen before,
XWindows reported everything OK, but I only saw
a black screen with some moving white screens
indicating no sync.
A power cycle a little later cause X11+Gnome to boot.
At that time I did not have any touchscreen nor working USB
so I had to way to pass the initial user configuration.

Needs some investigating.
Also added init code for the touchscreen, but this fails.
No trace of this in the bootlog, and no /dev/input/touchscreen0
available.

I also put the same patches into the buildroot build system
Again, you have to use a private branch.

git://git.busybox.net/~ulf/git/atmel-2009-08-rc2

Another important fix is that the AT91bootstrap provides a
working Rom Code Replacement.bin.
The one that has been on the Atmel home page is (was) broken.
I pointed this out last week so they may have changed it by now.
It is a bad idea to program the ROM Code replacement into
dataflash.
Much better to program it into the EEPROM.

If anyone wants to try with other chips, beware.
I have only tested with the SAM9263EK booting from dataflash
and the SAM9G45EKES.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson

Subject: Re: ARM Git Tree (at91sam9g45 patches)

Thank you for pointing me towards those patches.  I've been looking at
those.  Some of the work I have is with the 2.6.29 and 2.6.30 kernel
versions.  I was wondering if there were any trees or patchsets
against those versions.

Thanks,

Rob