Testing.

raptorsds raptorsds at googlemail.com
Sat May 27 11:06:18 PDT 2017

Am 27.05.2017 um 18:08 schrieb Martin Blumenstingl:
> On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 4:57 PM, raptorsds <raptorsds at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Martin
>>
>>> Hi Tobias,

>>> disclaimer: I cannot really help with Amlogic's 3.10/3.14 kernel
>>
>> But  maybe than  i can help by 4.11 kernel test for older devices
> you need to be aware of the fact that my kernel patches are experimental.
> what you get is:
> - one CPU core at the frequency set by the bootloader
> - maybe USB (Oleg has problems with it while it works for me)
> - maybe ethernet (again, Oleg has problems while it works for me)
> - SD card
> - front LED
>
> basically everything else is broken (wifi, CPU cores 2-4, cpu frequency
> scaling, etc.). I even managed to corrupt u-boot when I was testing my
> NAND driver.
>
> what "older" devices do you have? and do you have access to the serial
> console of these devices?

Yes Serial console  only my s812 box ,
>>> what are you trying to control exactly?
>>
>> red = stop
>> blue = boot/start
>> red/blue (maybe dimming) = run
>> blinking = update (maybe)
> let me explain how where the LED is controlled currently:
> - red LED turns on automatically (probably because it's wired to VCC)
> when the device is powered on
> - u-boot turns on the blue LED
> - (kernel boots)
> - the kernel can now control the LED partially (as explained in my
> previous mail, you can only set the "mix" between red and blue - you
> can't turn it off)
>
> so with another kernel you can only change the LED color from the
> point on where the kernel is started. you'll have no control over it
> (without additional work on the u-boot side) for the first seconds
> after powering on the device.
ok thank you for your explanation , it would be great when after kernelk
boot (maybe inside rc.local) the LED will have a color change

>>> my m8s.dts doesn't use a GPIO because the LED is connected to
>>> GPIO_TEST_N which can also be controlled by one of the PWM controllers
>>> (this allows dimming the LED to a certain level, but in my case the
>>> LED is a dual-color LED with blue and red: the further you reduce the
>>> brightness of the (blue) LED the more you see of the red one -> if you
>>> turn off the blue LED it turns red)
>>
>> I though  " GPIO_TEST_N " was a placeholder .  I havent any trigger at
>> /sys/class/leds , how  can i controll PWM for LED
> are you testing this on a 3.10/3.14 kernel or on a kernel with my
> patches? I think the Amlogic kernel does not use the kernel's LED
> framework, so the LEDs are not exposed in /sys/class/leds
> if it's one of my kernels (I think Oleg has compiled some images with
> them) then please post the kernel log (dmesg)

yes i use 3.10.99 kernel from the image from oleg with a dtb files with
your Led infos about "gpio test n"
i also found a older info about system LED

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2015-February/010126.html

there is a info about gpio ao 13

i send you a private mail with my dmesg with oleg dts file with led line