Happy 20th Birthday to OpenAFS!

Dave Botsch botsch at cnf.cornell.edu
Fri Oct 30 10:06:20 EDT 2020

Help us celebrate! Twenty years ago, on October 31, 2000, the OpenAFS project was created by a small group of individuals at Carnegie Mellon University, with its corpus owing to the generosity of IBM.  In their release, IBM cast forth a largely complete version of its AFS 3.6 source tree under the IBM public license.

In the two decades until now, many a developer contributed to the project’s success and relevance.  We would like to thank any and all contributors, and we hope that OpenAFS will flourish for many years to come!

Here a copy of the original IBM announcement: