How to use libnl and generic netlink to send structures from userspace to kernel

Matheus Rodrigues matheusrk800 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 15:41:12 EDT 2020

I'm trying to send a structure to kernel using libnl and generic
netlink but this isn't working. I've tried to separate the fields of
the structure in generic netlink attributes and reassembly them on the
kernel when I receive the message but this makes the code be too big
and I would like to know if there is other way to do it. I've read
about nested attributes and abstract data types on libnl documentation
website but I didn't get how to use such feature, if anyone has some
example it would be really helpful. Thanks.