Why max netlink msg size is limited to 16k

prashantkumar dhotre prashantkumardhotre at gmail.com
Tue May 23 22:45:33 PDT 2017

Can I use NLM_F_MULTI netlink multipart msg flag to send large buffer ?
I could not find example of that usage in sending case .

I have a kernel module and tryng to send large buffer to user app.
If I can use that flag, will kernel take care of splitting large
buffer into small chunks and will kernel also send NLMSG_DONE type msg
at end to user app?
How should I handle in user app.
Can you point me to few example please.