Handling of network namespace IDs

Andreas Fett andreas.fett at secunet.com
Thu May 18 01:56:38 PDT 2017

Hi,

On 18/05/17 03:25, David Ahern wrote:
> On 5/16/17 3:05 AM, Thomas Haller wrote:
>> Should the objects become aware of the namespace (and have it part of
>> their ID)? If not, you would need one cache per namespace.
>>

> I think that would be best since all network objects (links, neighbors,
> addresses, routes) are per namespace.

Sorry, I don't quite understand. You'd prefer the first or the second
approach mentioned by Thomas?

As far as eg. nl_object_identical() is concerned, I think adding another
attribute there is no problem.

But without different caches the question remains how for example
rtnl_link_get() and rtnl_link_get_by_name() should work without changing
their API?

Andreas