please help me to enable rpl

JANARDHANACHARI KELLA eni.chari at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 03:04:37 PST 2017

Hi,

I am working for integrating rpl with 4.9 kernel for raspberry pi. I
have ported the RPL module code from 3.17 to 4.9 kernel. and i had
installed tool from bellow site.

https://github.com/joaopedrotaveira/rpl-userspace-tools

when i was trying to enable RPL with bellow command.  kernel and
Raspberry pi  is getting hang and after few seconds all processes are
going to crash. againg to start, it is taking restart(power off/on).

# enable RPL router
pi at raspberrypi:~/Desktop $ sudo rpl-ctl enable eth0
Enabled RPL on interface eth0

pi at raspberrypi:/opt/src/rpl-tools $ sudo rpl-ctl -d enable eth0
nl_send_auto_complete
nlmsg_free
Received command 12 (1) for interface
Enabled RPL on interface eth0
DBG<1>/build/libnl3-urCqPp/libnl3-3.2.24/./lib/cache_mngt.c:305
nl_cache_mngt_unregister: Unregistered cache operations genl/family

please help me.. to activate RPL in 4.9 kernel.

please explain why it is happening.?

--
Sincerely Your's

Janardhanachari Kella