WPA_SUPPLICANT on OLPC not connecting to HOSTAPD on Raspberry Pi

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Mar 20 20:48:16 PDT 2017

Thanks for the replies.

I've a copy of your debroot-3-17-2017-ultralite.tar.bz2 file now, but
haven't had time to study it.

Your document seems to be very like our Wiki page
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Debian_Jessie_on_XO

Unfortunately the process is still done by hand without any scripting.

Monitoring can be set up using another wireless device configured for
the same channel.  I've not gone to look for the modern "iw" way to do
it, but the old "iwconfig" method was;

ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
ifconfig wlan0 up
iwconfig wlan0 channel 11
tcpdump -i wlan0 -n -s 0 -w /tmp/file

Then Wireshark is used to read the file and the packets are carefully
compared against the problem.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/