SD8686 card sometimes not working

Semkovič Jan SemkovicJ at eltodo.cz
Thu Jan 27 04:49:48 EST 2011

Hello

I encountered problem with SD8686 wifi card. Sometimes the card is not working after boot (approximately one third times). I also tried another HW of the same configuration, but situation was the same. The configuration is:

Hardware:  CM-X300 with ARM procesor XScale

WiFi : Marwell SD8686

Linux distribution: based on ELDK

Kernel: 2.6.26

SD8686 firmware: ver. 8.73

Dmesg after boot with non working card is attached. I think the problem is on this line:

mmc1: req failed (CMD5): -110, retrying...

This line is not present in case the card is working after boot. Please can anybody help?

Thanks

Jan Semkovic