Broadcasting using Marvell 88W8686 Linux Driver

Vivek Raghunathan nkrvivek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 19:52:51 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 3:10 PM, hong zhang <henryzhang62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is firmware level work to force device to transmit signal
> continuously. Actually, this is for RF test work.
> I do not think it can be set from user space nor driver level.

Thats not true. The firmware already has the capability to set these things.
The libertas driver lacks this capability. If you get the Marvell
proprietary driver, you can get the support for constant transmit with that.
As marvell doesn't support kernel versions greater than 2.6.24 for SD8686,
we need to implement these iwpriv's to the libertas driver.