WOL filters specifications.

Alberto Panizzo maramaopercheseimorto at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 11:47:11 EDT 2010

On mer, 2010-09-01 at 11:09 -0400, John W. Linville wrote:
> Adding S-o-b's...
>
> This patch is nearly 2 years old -- is there a real problem here?

Well, about the nowadays driver, that piece of code is never used,
so it is hard that it was successfully tested..
I'm asking if there was a rationale behind that. (If anyone knows)
Because We are going to try to use that functionality but that
wide differences between specs and code makes me wonder that
the specs I have maybe are not right.

There had been also a try to use that functionality in the thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/22563/focus=23312

But porting this patch to the nowadays driver results (in my case
88W8686 based wifi chip connected via sdio) in deafness of the wifi
chip about the iwpriv calls that sets rules: iwpriv calls that get the
rules results always in 0 rules set.